The overall objective of the project is to contribute to increased fiscal sustainability and sound management of public finances in line with EU requirements.
The purpose of the project is to fully implement a multi-annual budgeting framework and programme-based budgeting as well as to further improve public internal financial control and transparency in public finance management.
Results to be achieved by the Contractor
- Medium-term Budgetary Framework, including capital budgeting, is in place;
- Strategic government policies and, more in general, sectoral strategies better connected with multi-annual budgeting framework;
- Programme-based budgeting is in place;
- Institutional capacities for multi-annual budgetary planning, programme budgeting and capital budget strengthened;
- Transparency and accountability of decision making as regards PFM improved;
- Transition from cash basis public sector accounting to accrual accounting supported.
- Risk Management System within Ministry of Finance and wider public sector improved;
- Managerial accountability strengthened;
- Internal audit within Ministry of Finance and wider public sector organizations improved;
- Quality assurance for internal audit and financial management control established;
- Internal reporting on FMC in public sector organizations improved.
- System of prevention and recovery from potential threats to business continuity fully in place