Status: : Past projects, Ref. number: EuropeAid/138056/DH/SER/BA, Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Donor: EU, Consortium: led by HD European Consulting Group, Project website:
The overall objective of the project was to manage an EUIC in Sarajevo and EUIP in Banja Luka, Mostar and Brcko District in order to increase general understanding of the EU, its values, its policies and programmes among the citizens of BIH as well as to increase knowledge of the Country’s accession process and its implications among different target groups.
The purposes of the project were:
- To raise public awareness about the EU, its functioning and values, where necessary dispelling myths and misconceptions;
- To increase knowledge and general understanding among the BiH population at large of EU and EUD to BiH policies, programmes, objectives, priorities and activities;
- To explain benefits and obligations of EU membership, increasing the understanding of the impact of the pre-accession process on the citizens’ own life and expectations, through a fact-based approach which presents concrete examples and ‘stories enriched by human dimension’;
- To raise awareness on the European Union’s assistance programme in BiH and the European future of this Country;
- To communicate about EU scholarship/funding opportunities; EU programmes and policies to different target groups, including in the cities where the EUIPs are located and adjacent municipalities;
- To ensure an informed public debate on integration into the EU, its values, its benefits and challenges, in terms of Country reform effort, EU support, as well as concrete achievements on the path towards the EU, through a range of communication tools and activities.