Deadline for Submission: 15.07.2020.
- To strengthen participatory democracy and empower civil society to actively take part in policy making by stimulating an enabling legal, institutional and financial environment for civil society development.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
1) To support public authorities (mainly the Ministry of Public Administration) in order to improve the quality of their engagement with Civil Society Organisations.
2) To support further development and implementation of institutional modalities of public funding for civil society and preparation for future indirect management of EU funds.
Results to be achieved by the contractor
Result 1.1) Strengthened capacities of Montenegrin public administration bodies for effective consultation and cooperation with CSOs on sectoral policies by supporting implementation of relevant legal framework and strategies.
Result 1.2) Enhanced role of the Council for cooperation between public administration bodies and NGOs in developing policies affecting civil society
Result 2.1) Government financial and administrative support to CSOs is provided in a transparent, accountable, fair and non-discriminatory manner, with established practice of monitoring, reporting and evaluation of CSO projects funded from State budget.
Result 2.2) Project Implementation Unit (PIU) well- functioning and capable of following civil society support in the country.
Position: Key expert 1: Team Leader (380 working days)
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree attested by a diploma in the field of law, public administration, political sciences, social science or economics
- Computer literate
- Excellent knowledge of English both written and spoken
- Knowledge of the local language will be considered an advantage
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years of general professional experience in capacity building programmes to the government and civil society organisations;
- At least 2 years of experience in the following fields: civil society capacity development, and public administration reform.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams of experts operating in diverse fields in governmental and non-governmental environment.
- Experience in a senior management position in a relevant public service or large civil society organization/foundation/federation is considered as an advantage.
- Experience in an EU funded project as a team leader in a project dealing with capacity building or technical assistance is consider an advantage.
- Experience in project implementation in EU potential/ candidate country is consider an advantage.
The Team Leader will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Project.
She/he will coordinate the implementation of activities in compliance with the Project work plan, adjusting priorities, proposing amendments and resolving problem issues as necessary and appropriate.
She/he will coordinate inputs by the Project experts, ensuring logical timing of visits and coherent ToRs for their missions.
She/he will supervise and participate in the elaboration and delivery of the training programme.
She/he will maintain continuous liaison with the Beneficiary Project Coordinator, mentor and support the development of an increased collaboration with non-state sector.
She/he will support timely PSC meetings and reporting to the Contracting Authority by the Beneficiary Project Coordinator.
She/he will contribute with her/his expertise, knowledge and experience to the relevant result areas in an exemplary spirit of cooperation.
She/he will continuously remind all stakeholders of the goals of this activity and take measures to ensure the achievement of the results.
All experts must be independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.
Key experts should spend 100% time of input in the Republic of Montenegro, unless otherwise requested and authorized by the Contracting Authority.