Deadline for Submission: 20.02.2020.
- Overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows: To contribute to the social and economic development of Adiyaman.
- The purpose of this contract is as follows: To improve competitiveness of the tourism sector in Adiyaman.
Results to be achieved by the contractor:
Result 1: Improved touristic potential of Adiyaman promoted
Result 2: Local institutional capacity improved for sustainable impact
Position: Key expert 1 – Team Leader (minimum 420 working days)
The Key Expert 1 / Team Leader shall be responsible for the overall coordination and organisation of project activities as described under these ToR – including inter alia:
- Maintaining fulltime presence in Turkey, at the duty station, during the lifespan of the project;
- Preparing the technical parts of the contractual reports, such as the inception report, progress reports (as required by these ToR), and final report, by obtaining inputs from key and non-key experts;
- Preparing, in cooperation with the other member of the technical assistance team, the work plans and resource schedules, and identify the profiles of the non-key experts to be mobilised by the Contract;
- Proposing and agreeing with ERA on, non-key experts, and supervising their work;
- Reviewing the technical reports and proposals to be produced by the key and non-key experts and assure quality and coherence of report;
- Representing the project at the key project – relevant events and meetings;
- Monitoring the progress of the project on a daily basis against the agreed upon time plans, and report possible deviations from the agreed upon time plans and resource schedules to the beneficiary;
- Reporting to the SRER;
- Performing quality checks of project implementation processes and outputs;
- Diligently using the project budget securing value for money;
- Ensuring good communication with key project stakeholders.
Qualification and skills
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Tourism Management, Urban Planning, Regional Development or equivalent discipline; in the absence of above mentioned degrees, any Bachelor’s degree will be accepted together with minimum 10 years of professional experience int he field of regional/local tourism development
- Very good command of English according to the CV template (speaking, reading and writing)
General professional experience
- Preferably 15 yeas but minimum of 10 years of professional experience following the attainment of a Bachelor’s degree
Specific professional experience
- Preferably 7 years but min 5 years of working experience in the field of regional/local tourism development or rural development initiatives (projects, programmes etc)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a managerial position (team leader/deputy team leader/project manager/project coordinator etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in tourism destination management will be considered as an asset