Capacity Building for Development of the National Animal Disease Compensation Fund and Other Services
Start date: 17.02.2014. - End date: 16.02.2016.
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the capacity of the Veterinary Directorate and veterinary services in the animal health area to protect, animal and public health, ensure safety of food and welfare of animals.
The purpose of the project is to support the implementation of the official veterinary control requirements in the field of animal health and its further harmonization with the EU requirements and the best practice from EU Member States, and to provide continuous support for combating and eradication of rabies and CSF, and strategy for development of the national compensation fund for animal diseases.
The project purpose will be achieved through the provision of technical assistance and institutional strengthening in the following fields:
- Gap analysis of the current legislation on CSF and Rabies;
- Action plans for CSF and Rabies surveillance and eradication;
- Improvement in biosecurity measures in pig farms;
- Establishment of national animal diseases compensation scheme;
- Capacity building of Veterinary Directorate, private veterinarians and farmers;
- Awareness raising programme on animal disease control policies;
- Support to management of the EU donated supplies;
- Provision of the verification monitoring reports for aerial rabies vaccination campaign;
- Provision of tender dossier(s) for supply contracts.
The Project is funded by the European Union and implemented from February 2014 until Februrary 2016, by ECG in Consortium with Tragsatec, IAK, and Ankey.
For more information about the project activities and news, please view the project website: http://www.vet.minpolj.gov.rs/projekti/fond/